InTheMoodForLove

Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5) - Jennifer Estep,  Lauren Fortgang Yes, the plot is fast paced and interesting as always. Yes Gin is a likable heroine, even with her cold, cynical attitude. Yes, Owen is always a hottie. But listening to this, reminded me why I'd taken more than a year to pick it up from my TBR pile: Editing ladies, this needs serious editing! The number of repetitions is astounding: "Primrose, the rune for beauty, my little sister's rune", "Me, Gin Blonco, Jeanevieve Snow, the Spider", the number of times we hear of how Mab killed Gin's family, how she melted Gin's rune inside her palms, what the spider rune means, how evil Mab is, pretty sweet Bria is. I wonder if the author gets paid by the number of words or pages, because I can think of no other reason she kept repeating these facts and I just can't believe she didn't remember she'd mentioned it again in the previous chapter. Or the previous books. Or sometimes, only a couple of pages earlier.

I can't subject myself anymore to this torture I'm afraid. This is the end of the series for me, and I'm happy it coincides with the end of a cicle in Gin's life. Farewell Gin, it was fun meeting you!