InTheMoodForLove

Midnight Angel - Lisa Marie Rice 4.5 stars

My second LMR book and my favorite so far. Her plots seem to be the same more or less: powerful, strong man meets beautiful woman and they fall in love within a a few days' period, while some bad guys are after them. And they have a lot of sex during those days. I mean a lot of HOT sex!

Though these books may sound as a huge cliche, I like them! They'll never be candidates for a pulitzer prize, but they're well-written, entertaining, fast paced, have some very yummy heroes and surprisingly don't stay just in the sex but do quite well in expressing the feelings and growing love between the hero and heroine.

The reason I liked this even more than Dangerous Passion, was that the heroine was not a doormat or a weakling despite being blind. She has a mind of her own and wasn't afraid to stand her ground. And the hero was as I said delicious. Despite being was described as scarred and ugly, I felt in love with him. He was sweet, tender, loving and vulnerable underneath all that bravado.

Personally, I'm mostly into angsty and emotional reads so this is not keeper staff for me, but I can easily picture myself re-reading it in the future. I'll definitely try out the rest of the series as well.