InTheMoodForLove

Play Dirty - Sandra Brown Oh my, this was great! It's a 500 pages book and I read it in less than 3 days because I couldn't put it down. The action was non-stop, the hero gorgeous with a traumatic past to wake up the maternal instinct in me and there were no unecessary descriptions or deviations to drag you away from the plot. I loved that the plot started right away with the couple suggesting to the hero to father their baby, and I did not have to wait for introductions to the protagonists and their history before starting with the main story. I have to mention my only pet peeve, that the romance was very limited; this was mainly a suspense book with just a touch of romance to appeal to the female readers. Despite buying it for the romance as well as the suspense however, I did not regret it since I enjoyed it anyway. Highly recommended for readers looking for adventure and suspense; readers interested only in romance might have to skip it.

Edit: Upgraded to 5 stars on second read. I really love Griff and compared to a couple other Romantic Suspenses I read recently, this one's much better even in the romance department. One problem I still have with it though, is that I could not feel Laura's love for Griff; Brown didn't convince me it was anything more than lust and some affection. And I wouldn't place my hand on fire about Griff's love for her, even though it seems more likely than hers for him. But I do believe that they have a chance in love after all, so I'm ok with it.