InTheMoodForLove

Storm - Brigid Kemmerer 4.5 stars and one amazing start to a series. If only all YA books were so well written...

The only reason I didn't rate it with 5 stars, is that it was largely lacking in the romance department, with the heroine spending more time with the third party of the love triangle than the main hero. Still, the world building with the Elementals, their powers, their weaknesses, the Guides and all that was interesting enough to prevent me from putting this down. And even though it was obvious from the middle who the 'bad' guy was, there was too much suspense about the others and their roles in the story, to keep this engaging and even addictive. The dark atmosphere with the feeling of impending doom and severe harassing some of the heroes get in school, was another reason this book seemed like it was addressed to older ages than your average YA novel.

Straight on to the second one now (although I might make a small detour to [b:Elemental|13418864|Elemental (Elemental, #0.5)|Brigid Kemmerer|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327068494s/13418864.jpg|18769953] and see where all this started out!)