InTheMoodForLove

The Mage in Black - Jaye Wells I'm completely with AH on this: this is fast becoming my favorite, guilty pleasure series:) Yes, Sabina is not the most likable heroine around and yes there are better written UF stories out there. But this is so entertaining! It's a nice combination of humorous moments, action, a little romance and some quite emotional moments that caught me by complete surprise. Gighul is one of the most interesting secondary characters out there and he alone makes these books worth reading. "Lawrence of the Labia" LOL! What a title:)

The second part of this book took an unexpectedly emotional turn, compared to the fun and fast pace of the previous book and even this one's first half. I liked it a lot for a change, but I do hope it doesn't become the staple for the following books.

The romance is quite low in this one and we see very little of Adam as he goes out for a mission from almost the beginning till the end. But, dare I admit that right now I'm not his biggest fan? His "hollier than thou" attitude is starting to grate on my nerves a bit and I do hope he changes his tune in the next books. And I also have to admit that I prefer Slade over Adam right now, since I tend to prefer morally ambiguous heroes than self-righteous ones.

This book ends with a bit of a cliffhanger, so I'm heading straight to the next one!