InTheMoodForLove

Half Moon Chambers - Harper Fox Another amazing and deeply emotional book from Harper Fox. I love her writing style so much, and while in this case it was less lyrical than in [b:Life After Joe|8481480|Life After Joe|Harper Fox|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1277005087s/8481480.jpg|13223052], it was still beautiful and engaging.

There are a couple of things that I didn't like so much near the end, like how Vince was able to run when the plot demanded it but passed away in most other cases, or how the suspense got a little over the romance at some point, causing the heroes to not be together so much as I'd like to. But these are minor quibbles because as a whole, I still loved this book and its heroes.

I don't think Fox is for everyone; her heroes are too tortured and come out self-destructive or snarky because of it. They're not beautiful or rich or generous or successful either. Her plots are too raw, too heartwrenching for some people to bear as well. And yet, the writing and the depth these heroes have dropped down before they start clawing their way back, is the way I love her books so much. If you're looking for something that'll wring your heart, that will stay with you long after you've turned the last page, I highly recommend her books. If on the other hand you're looking for an easy m/m read with lots of hot scenes, I'd suggest you keep looking.