InTheMoodForLove

Fish & Chips - Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban Well, Fish & Chips has to be my favorite book in the series so far. It starts on a very humorous note, which is more than welcome, after the emotional impact of the previous book.

Ty and Zane are deemed, at last, fit for service. Their new mission is quite interesting though: they have to go undercover as a couple of succesful art smugglers who are embarking on a luxurious cruise to do business with other seedy characters. There's a catch though, as they also have to pretend to be a happily married gay couple:) I don't know if the joke's on their boss or on them after all, since it gives them a chance to display their feelings to each other without worrying about public opinion. Ty however, whose role is to act as the arm candy of the duo complete with dyed hair and waxed chest, doesn't find it particularly funny. But a job's a job after all, so despite any arguments they embark on the cruise ship and the adventure begins. What starts as a leisurely vacation though, turns to be a very dangerous situation as it soon becomes obvious that someone's trying to kill them.

This book had it all: humor, delightful banter, tender scenes between Ty and Zane as well as some very hot and passionate ones, and a tight plot that wouldn't let me put it down. The relationship between them becomes more serious and deep, bringing out fears and insecurities in both of them. What I love in these books, is that I actually get to feel exactly how the heroes are feeling at every moment, as the authors are doing an excellent job of showing and not just telling. Ty and Zane are both carrying a lot of baggage and it makes perfect sense that they would take things slowly and even reluctantly. It may cause me to grit my teeth sometimes, but I must also admit that I savor every single step of their relationship and wouldn't want to rush it for any reason.

This is a seriously addictive series with some pretty amazing heroes, and even though Zane can get moody sometimes, I think he's my favorite of the two. Still, I realize that, as Deuce once said, they're perfect only for each other and they'd drive any other person crazy, so I have to -reluctantly, mind you- give him up to Ty, without even a fight:)

Cut & Run has fast become one of my favorite romance series regardless of genre and I really can't wait to start on the fourth book. I only wish all romance books were this well written and as emotionally deep and touching as these. I can't recommend them highly enough!

ARC provided by NetGalley.com