InTheMoodForLove

Hooking Up - Jessica L. Degarmo This was so far from what I expected that I can't judge it objectively.

Judging by the cover and the small synopsis, I gathered this was a fun romance, about a man and woman having a one night stand, and then the hero coming back for more. Well, that was right on spot, but what happens after that first night and his requests for more? Turns out the heroine is not willing at all, and to be honest, she was right to refuse him since she wasn't in a good state for a relationship at that point. She has many issues to solve, not to mention that the hot, charming hero comes with large baggage of his own. Those issues get the spotlight for most of the book; the relationship, when it's there, is just a thing in the background. I liked that the heroine got a backbone at last, I liked the writing, but I wasn't looking for a dark chick-lit; it was a light romance I had in my mind when I picked this. Still, I do not consider it a waste of time and did manage to finish it in 2-3 days.