InTheMoodForLove

Beg for Mercy - Jami Alden Megan Flynn is a desperate woman. Her brother Sean, has been sentenced to death for a murder she's certain he didn't commit and his execution date is getting closer and closer. In her effort to prove his innocence, Megan asks the help of the policeman who arrested her brother in the first place, the man she thought she loved but who turned a deaf ear to her pleas for help, detective Cole Williams. Cole Williams is reluctant to reopen such a solid case as Sean Flynn's, but he has been unable to forget Megan even after so many years. But a new case somehow manages to bring them close once more and proves that the old flame is still burning high for both of them. If only they manage to survive this, there might still be a chance for those two...

Well, as far as romatic suspense goes, this was a great book. It had a chilling atmosphere that made me hold my breath more than a couple of times, a heroine with guts and a hero who may have started as cold and unfeeling but became better and better with every chapter.

Though the bad guy was obvious from early on, that didn't stop me from wincing at some of the heroes' actions and sit at the edge of my seat as I saw them trying to solve the murder case before the heroine's brother served his death penalty.

It was fast, it was engaging, it was dark and haunting and the chemistry between the heroes was HOT. If you're looking for a good romantic suspense, look no farther.