InTheMoodForLove

Beast - Judith Ivory When you keep wishing your husband who's been abroad for 3 days will delay coming home at least 3 or 4 hours more so you can manage to finish the book, you know the book's a keeper. If anyone told me two days ago that I would come to love a book by Ivory whose book The Proposition was a huge disappointment for me, I would have laughed at them; yet here I am. This book not only turned a keeper, but one of my top 20 books ever.

This book had everything: witty dialogues, clever humor, a wicked, sexy but imperfect hero (my favorite kind) and a great, passionate love story. Yes, both of them made mistakes and acted stupidly from time to time, yes there were a couple or more of holes in the plot and yes, as it's obvious none of these things mattered a bit to me. I became entranced in their story, felt their anguish, their love and especially the hero's despair that he couldn't touch the woman he loved so much.

I will add a couple of lines the hero says to the heroine:
"All my roads lead to you, no matter how crooked. And all
your roads lead to me. Stay. Stop your traveling, Louise."

I rest my case at this point.